Debt Tax Tips

tax guides via RSS

Recent Articles

When to Use Tax Form 1099-C for Cancellation of Debt
In most situations, if you receive a Form 1099-C from a lender after negotiating a debt cancellation with them, you'll have to report the amount on that form to the Internal Revenue Service as taxable income. Certain exceptions do apply.阅读更多…

Video: Debt Cancellation and Your Taxes Explained
Having your debt cancelled may square you with your creditor, but that debt may still be taxable. This video will help you determine whether you need to report your cancelled debt to the IRS.阅读更多…

Taxes and Reducing Debt
By allowing deductions for certain kinds of interest, Congress is happy to help subsidize your debt. Be sure to accept these invitations to save yourself money.阅读更多…

Guide to Debt Cancellation and Your Taxes
If one of your creditors canceled a debt you owe, you'll likely receive a Form 1099-C this year. A number of exceptions and exemptions can eliminate your obligations to pay tax on the canceled debt.阅读更多…

Filing Taxes After Filing for Bankruptcy
Filing an income tax return after filing for bankruptcy does not have to be a problem, as long as you know what to watch out for, including when and how to file.阅读更多…

More Debt Articles

如何在税收上报告止赎出租房屋 Home Foreclosure: What's Your Tax Liability? Tax Tips for Foreclosures Tax Tips for Short Sales How to Avoid Taxes on Canceled Mortgage Debt How Short Sales and Foreclosures Affect Your Taxes

TurboTax Blog »

Get tax tips and tricks, from quick fixes to long term strategies.

Ready to try TurboTax?

Start for Free